Minutes 20th February 2012

 

Minutes of Bramley Parish Council

held in the Village Hall on Monday 20th February at 7.30pm.

 

Parish Councillors present were:

John Ferguson (Chair), Claire Penfold, Philip McCorry, Dalton Hopkins, Alan Douglas, Chris Holland

 

Also present were:

The Clerk, Borough Cllr. Rhydian Vaughan, PCSO Geoff Furmor-Dunman & James, press and 2 members of the public

 

ITEM          COMMENT                                                                                                                                                                   ACTION

 

1.0             Apologies

Borough Cllr. Ranil Jayawardena, County Cllr. Keith Chapman, Cllrs Janice Spalding and Richard Wood

 

2.0             Minutes of the last meeting

                   Proposed Cllr. Douglas, seconded Cllr. Penfold.

 

3.0             Finance

                   Accounts for payment were approved, proposed Cllr. Penfold, seconded Cllr. Hopkins.

 

Cheques for approval:

1475

J Snow Salary & allowances

£279.10

1476

S Smart – Clerk salary, travel, expenses and reimbursements*

£826.08

*£93.86 of which is expenses & reimbursements for supplies

1477

R Gregory (burial grounds maintenance Nov/Dec/Jan)

£288.75

 

4.0             Funding for the Youth Club

Cllr. Ferguson explained that he had been to visit the Youth Club on a Friday evening and that it was running very successfully. They had managed to secure some funding for 2 youth leaders for 5 hours per week each for a year through a Comic Relief grant and other fundraising. The youth club had approached Bramley Parish Council to ask whether they would be able to expect some financial support in the financial year starting 2013. The sum required would pay for the two youth leaders to continue supporting the Bramley youth club for a further year. The request was for £4,000 funding, to match the sum already secured.

This was agreed in principal by the Parish Council who would wish to see a formal application form submitted prior to full approval.

5.0             Planning

See appendix for applications

 

It was noted that there was to be a site meeting with the Planning authority to review the planning application relating to Bullsdown Farm on 14th March which Cllr. Wood had agreed to attend.

 

The application for a structure at Cufaude Lane was queried as a similar application had been declined this year. It was confirmed that this application was legitimate to support the farm and was not a guise to erect a structure in order to later apply for change of use.

 

It was noted that the LDF consultation period has officially opened and Cllr. Ferguson invited all Cllrs. and members of the public to consider carefully about the PCs response. It was suggested that the PC have a special meeting to consider its’ response to the LDF once the Cllrs. had been given some more time to review the documentation. A meeting will be arranged and notified in the usual manner inviting press and public as usual. The public consultation events were explained but Bramley was not going to be visited by the team running these events even though both the Clerk and the Borough Councillor had requested that we be included in the timetables. This was down to insufficient resource.                                                                                                                                                Clerk

 

 

 

 

6.0             Police Report

                   Cllr. Ferguson explained that the Parish Council were very sorry to learn that Geoff Furmor-Dunman was to leave his post and wished him well in his new ventures.

The matter of the newly painted double white lines was discussed as it had been observed by many that people were not taking any notice of them. PC Furmor-Dunman explained that they had been visible in the area on several occasions to educate the public about what these white lines mean, and that about three dozen  drivers had been written to so far in relation to breaching the regulations. He explained that once they were aware of repeated disobedience, education was the best approach in the hope that the message will eventually get through. The PC were introduced to the new PCSO for Bramley, Jim ???.

 

                   Borough Councillor Report

                   Cllr. Vaughan said it had been quiet in the lead up to the Borough elections.

 

He mentioned that he had been giving some thought to how we could best communicate with the village. It was noted that currently the Parish Council uses the notice boards, the website, the google group, the Church magazine and the Parish Council newsletter but that people were still unaware of matters being discussed. It was noted that the PC were considering working in partnership with St James’ Church to organise a free to whole-of-village magazine. Cllr. Ferguson explained that the PC currently tries quite hard to inform but that we could not of course visit every doorstep. The other village magazines The View and Bramley 265 are no longer in existence. The new website will soon be launched and it is hoped that it will be more dynamic and aid communication with members of the public.

 

Cllr. Vaughan highlighted a topic which had been discussed on the google group – one of dog mess. He explained that the Borough Council only has one dog warden and they are more concerned with ‘discarded pets’. The Community Safety team were partly responsible for dog mess and those who have raised the issue would be asked to explain the location of the main problem areas so that somebody could visit and assess the area.

 

Public interval

Phyl Davies enquired what ‘operation resilience’ was as reported in the Highways meeting notes. It was explained that this was the £10m County-wide operation to strengthen the Highways around the entire County.

 

7.0             Highways, transport

The meeting notes from the Extraordinary Highways meeting were discussed. There was some discussion about the roundabout at Campbell Road and also about the understanding of the consultation process carried out by Highways. It was noted that the funding was from S106 but some Cllrs. questioned whether the roundabout in particular was the best use of the money. This would be looked into further but it was felt that the consultation process which started with the public meeting in December 2010 and also included letter-drops to certain residential areas had completed and that the project was at the delivery stage.

 

The improvements planned around Moat Close were discussed as the PC had been approached by the County’s landscape specialists about a possible biodiverse, ornamental wild flower area opposite the school, to mitigate the impact of the extra parking bays. The representatives from HCC are to meet with Cllr. Ferguson to explain the scheme. Cllr. Hopkins explained that he had seen a documentary about biodiversity and was in favour of the scheme.

 

The plans for the expansion of the school would be explained to County Cllr, Borough Cllr, and Chair of Bramley PC at a meeting within the school on 1st March.

 

8.0             Environmental matters

There was a special meeting with the current allotment holders and the meeting notes were circulated.

 

 9.0             Representitives Reports

Cllr. Ferguson gave an update about the feasibility study into a new community centre and explained that there had been several meetings including the Community Development Office at the Borough Council who was offering support for the study, and Mark Penfold who had the contract to carry out the study. Due to a shortage of rooms at the Village Hall, meetings would be held at Cross House with current users of the Village Hall to discuss their needs.

 

Cllr. Holland had, along with Cllr. Vaughan, had been to visit RAF Odiham following residents’ complaints about a Merlin flying over the village. He made a report to the PC which will be added to the website. Also, Station Commander from RAF Odiham had agreed to attend the Annual Parish meeting on 23rd April to discuss the matter and take questions from residents.

 

                   Parish Plan Update

Cllr. Penfold explained that the questionnaire would soon be available following further meetings with the Borough Council who were assisting with the technology. Such things as return postage under licence were also being resolved.

 

10              Items for the next meeting

It was noted that the meeting would start at 7pm instead of 7.30pm in March, as we had a guest. Steven Lugg, Director of Hampshire Association of Local Councils, would visit the Parish Council to discuss the role of Parish Councils going forward, and the role of Committees etc. This would be of benefit to anybody considering standing at the next election in May.

 

 

There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.10pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chairman ……………………………………………………………………………………Date……………………………


5.0
Planning

 

REFERENCE / PLANNING

APPLICATION DETAILS

LOCATION

RECOMMENDATION/ DECISION

BDB/75681 Erection of two storey side extension following demolition of existing garage 30 Coopers Lane, Bramley, Tadley, RG26 5BY NOT YET DECIDED
BDB/75757 Erection of an agricultural storage barn Land at Cufaude Lane, Cufaude Lane, Bramley NOT YET DECIDED
BDB/75684 Diversion of overhead line Land at Bramley Lane and Browns Close, grid ref: 465580 159569, Bramley NOT YET DECIDED
BDB/75518

HOUSEHOLDER

Erection of a single storey rear extension and internal alterations 8 Beaurepaire Close

Bramley, Tadley

RG26 5DT

GRANTED
BDB/75548

HOUSEHOLDER

Replacement of rear flat roof dormers with first floor rear extension and construction of 3 no.hip roof dormer windows and insertion of rooflights. Various alterations to fenestration. Little Oak

Silchester Road

Bramley

RG26 5DG

GRANTED
BDB/75444

MINOR DWELLINGS (1-9)

Erection of 1 no. four bedroom dwelling to replace existing dwelling Greenwoods

The Street

Bramley

RG26 5DD

GRANTED
BDB/75520 Replacement of existing window with French doors Meade Barn

The Street

Bramley

RG26 5DD

GRANTED
BDB/75505 Deadwood and trim canopy by 25% of a Sycamore tree 22 Wallis Drive

Bramley

RG26 5XQ

GRANTED
BDB/75467 T4 & T5 – Lime – Removal of epicormic growth from main stem up to crown break 1 St Marys Avenue

Bramley

RG26 5UU

PARISH COUNCIL:

NO OBJECTION

BDBC:

NOT YET DECIDED

BDB/75375

MINOR DWELLINGS

Conversion of farm buildings to 3 no. four bedroom live-work dwellings, erection of 2 no. new 2 bedroom live-work dwellings following demolition of existing outbuildings, conversion of 1 no. farm building to car ports and work unit together with associated parking, amenity areas and alterations to existing access road Bullsdown Farm

German Road

Bramley

Tadley

RG26 5AR

PARISH COUNCIL:

NO OBJECTION

BDBC:

NOT YET DECIDED

BDB/75376

Listed Building consents (alter/extend)

Conversion of farm buildings to 3 no. four bedroom live-work dwellings, erection of 2 no. new 2 bedroom live-work dwellings following demolition of existing outbuildings, conversion of 1 no. farm building to car ports and work unit together with associated parking, amenity areas and alterations to existing access road Bullsdown Farm

German Road

Bramley

RG26 5AR

PARISH COUNCIL:

NO OBJECTION

BDBC:

NOT YET DECIDED

BDB/75361

NON STAT

T1 and T2 – Oak Trees – Crown clean canopy and reduce back laterals towards house 7 Oakmead

Bramley

Tadley

RG26 5JD

GRANTED
BDB/75175

MINOR DWELLINGS (1-9)

Variation of condition 1 of planning permission BDB/74002 to amend plan numbers to allow for changes to windows and chimney and addition of roof lights. Variation of condition 4 to allow change to hard surfacing of driveway 12 Tudor Close

Bramley

RG26 5DB

GRANTED
BDB/75554 Screening Opinion regarding Environmental Impact Assessment – Proposed residential development (approx. 500 dwellings), community hub and provision for a primary school. Razors Farm

Cufaude Lane

Chineham, Basingstoke

RG24 8LS

ENQUIRY COMPLETE