Minutes Extraordinary Meeting 27th September 2016

 Minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting of the Council

Date: Tuesday 27th September 2016 Time: 7.30pm
Place: Bramley Room, Bramley Village Hall
Present: Cllr Durrant (Chair) Cllr Ansell
Cllr Tomblin Cllr Capel
Cllr Flooks Cllr DiMascio
Cllr Marshall
In Attendance: Maxta Thomas (Clerk) 23 members of the public
  Cllr Robinson (Borough)
Apologies: Cllr Bell (Vice Chair) Cllr Lane
  Cllr Rowland (Borough) Cllr Keith Chapman (County)

 

Action

1 Apologies for Absence

As listed above.

2 Declarations of Interest

None.

3 Traffic Survey

Cllr Ansell gave a presentation on the traffic survey results (see appendix A).

Bruce to send slides.

  • The traffic survey followed DVLA modelling practices and software.
  • 52% of traffic is using the C32 as a through route (not school traffic).
  • Minchens Lane site will generate around an 11% increase in traffic.
  • The survey does not factor in the Razors Farm development.
  • The PC need to engage with HCC and BDBC on results, and how it might impact on A33 upgrade.
  • Core data will not be released at this stage.
  • A community engagement day is planned once reports are fully complete.

An update will be on the October agenda.

 

4. Flood Survey

Cllr Ansell gave a presentation (see appendix B).

The survey was commissioned due to concerns about flooding at the site of the proposed Strawberry Fields development.  Developers eventually amended plans to take account of revised flood plain maps from the Environment Agency.  Put in attenuation features, such as 4 flood pools.

Flood report to be put on website.

5 LIF Road Safety project

Cllr Ansell gave a presentation (see appendix C).

 

6 Network Rail proposals for Bramley Level Crossing

Cllr Durrant summarised comments from the previous PC meeting, and assured residents that comments and question will be fed back to Network Rail in writing.

Cllr Ansell noted that BDBC have proposed a meeting with Network Rail, HCC, BDBC and the Parish Council on 14th October.  However, this has not been confirmed.

The following further comments were made by residents:

  • Will there be a tunnel or a bridge before Network Rail close the crossing?  Cllr Durrant stated that the PC will work with Network Rail to ensure best possible outcome.
  • How does closure of level crossing impact on possible new station at Chineham and closure of Bramley?  What impact might this have on traffic patterns?

Cllr Robinson noted that the idea of a station at Chineham is being driven by BDBC and not Network Rail.  There is nothing in the Local Development Plan about closing the station at Bramley.

Cllr Robinson also pointed out that whilst he does not wish to see it, eventually Bramley crossing will need to close due the increase in freight traffic on the line.  He will be doing everything he can to ensure that a suitable road structure is in place before any closure.  A bypass will cost around £25million.

 

Clerk to place Network Rail website details on the Parish Council website.

 

7 Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 19th October.

 

The meeting finished at 8.30pm