Parish Council meeting minutes – 16th March 2021

BRAMLEY PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Meeting of the Council

Date: Tuesday 16th March 2021 Time:                                    7.00pm
Place: Online
Present: Cllr Tony Durrant (Chair) Cllr Chris Tomblin
  Cllr Alan Munday Cllr Keith Oborn
  Cllr Chris Flooks Cllr Liz Capel
  Cllr Malcolm Bell
In attendance: Maxta Thomas (Clerk) 6 members of the public
  Cllr Nick Robinson (Borough) Cllr Chris Tomblin (Borough)
  Cllr Vaughan (County)
Apologies: Cllr Iain James Cllr Bruce Ansell

 

Action
1 Apologies for Absence
As listed above.
2 Declarations of Interest
Cllr Tomblin declared an interest in planning matters since he has a place on the BDBC Development Control Committee.  He took no part in the discussion or votes on planning applications.
3 Minutes of the Last Parish Council Meeting
3.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 16th February 2021 were unanimously agreed to be a true and accurate record of those meetings and were signed by the Chairman.  

 

3.2 Matters arising  
·         Bat boxes – Clerk has contacted BDBC, who have requested further information.  Clerk to check files and supply information.

·         Web article about garden waste dumping to go live early next week.

·         The Clerk has reported maintenance issues on the Brenda Parker Way between Folly Lane and Mill Lane to Highways, as advised by HCC Countryside Services.

·          Cllr James still to write to allotment holders re children’s toys on the allotment.

·         St James s.106 – CT has contacted officers.  Awaiting information on level marker and life buoys at the attenuation pond.  He has chased the tree planting and the footpath.  He is awaiting a response re allotment fencing.

Clerk

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Cllr James

4 Open Forum
Cllr Durrant invited comments and questions from the public.

·         None.

 

 

5 County Councillor Report – See appendix A.  Cllr Vaughan further noted the following:

·         He has met with Highways – drains have now been cleared on Silchester Road.

·         Residents have been asking about the Bramley Book clearance.  The culvert is the responsibility of HCC Highways, and the rest of the brook is BDBCs responsibility under riparian rights.  Cllr Vaughan and BDBC are chasing this up.

·         Footpaths – because of bad weather and higher usage many of the footpaths are in a poor state of repair.  HCC is aware and the issue is in hand.

·         Clerk to contact developers re yellow signs on lampposts etc.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

6 Borough Councillor Report

Cllr Tomblin and Cllr Robinson gave a verbal report:

·         BDBC Budget – this has been approved.  It is a balanced budget, which is a good achievement under the circumstances.  New home owners will now have to pay for a new grey dustbin.  Bulky waste fees remain the same.  Council tax is up £5 a year on an average property.  Grass cutting grants remain, and playground inspection fees will be less than originally proposed.  The Anvil budget to be cut by about 50%.

·         5 year land supply – this is a big issue at the moment.  There is a proposition to bring two sites forward from the next plan period.  One is the golf course near the hospital, and the other is Sherfield Hill Farm, near Redlands and Sherfield Park.

·         There will also be a motion to put an AONB on the North Hampshire Downs (which would cover the villages south of the M3), which if it is passed will limit any development in that area.  This will create greater pressure on areas such as Bramley and Sherfield on Loddon.  Cllr Robinson has asked for the wording to be amended to include historic villages all around Basingstoke, rather than just in the south of the Borough.

·         Litter – there is a proposal for drive through takeaway restaurants to print the car registration on the cartons, thereby meaning litterers can be identified.

·         Covid vaccines – Basingstoke Fire Station is carrying out 800-1000 vaccinations a day, and the Hampshire Court Hotel roughly twice that.

·         Election purdah begins on 22nd March.

·         Local Plan – a Members Advisory Panel is due to meet about climate change and how this might affect the Local Plan polices – there will be a presentation from consultants WSP.

·         Manydown – first bricks might be laid towards the end of 2022.

 
7 Parish Environment  
7.1 Air quality monitoring update – Cllr Ansell has not yet been able to collate the necessary information.  To be prepared ready for the April meeting.  

Cllr Ansell

8 Clerk’s report & Administration  
8.1 2021 Risk Assessment & Asset Register – the Clerk has distributed copies of the updated versions for 2021.  Cllr Durrant proposed approving the 2021 risk assessment; this was seconded by Cllr Bell and unanimously agreed.  Chairman to sign and return to Clerk for processing.  

 

Cllr Durrant/ Clerk

8.2 Litter Warden Salary 2021-22 – BDBC has confirmed that the grant for the litter picking in Bramley is in line with the increase to the national minimum wage.  Therefore, the Litter Warden should receive an increase in salary accordingly.  Cllr Durrant proposed approving the increase in salary, Cllr Munday seconded, unanimously agreed.  Clerk to take forward.  

 

 

Clerk

8.3 Names for the PC Honours Board – Cllr Durrant proposed the following people to the PC Honours Board:

·         Anne Porter – in recognition of her long-standing work on the Bramley WI garden

·         John Readman – in recognition of his long-standing volunteer litter picking along Cufaude Lane and other places

·         Beckie Bethell – in recognition of her work in co-ordinating the volunteer response to Covid-19 in 2020

·         Chris Holland – in recognition of his long-standing service to Bramley Parish Council and the Clift Meadow Trustees and other voluntary organisations in the parish

·         Chris Wright – in recognition of his long-standing voluntary effort in creating and maintaining the various village voluntary organisation IT systems

These names were unanimously agreed – Clerk to take forward.

The Clerk is also to draft a letter of thanks to Dr Kenshaw, who is retiring very soon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

Clerk

8.4 Parish magazine article – the next article will be for the May edition, to be written by Cllr Oborn.  Copy deadline is 15th April.  

Cllr Oborn

9 Reports  
9.1 Reports from Parish Council representatives  
a. Planning Committee – see appendix A.

Cllr Flooks briefly summarised the March Planning Committee meeting.  Of particular note was the refusal of the QPS House application.  Cllr Tomblin noted that he has been speaking with enforcement officers, who will be speaking with the owner about their intentions for the property.

 

i.            21/00349/FUL – Land At OS Ref 464762 159811 Minchens Lane

Installation of a battery storage facility with associated works

·         Cllr Flooks noted the thoughts he has already circulated (see appendix C).

·         Cllr Flooks proposed that the PC object to the proposer, Cllr Munday seconded.  Majority decision to object – 4 in favour of the motion and 1 against.  Clerk to draft submission and clear with Cllrs before submitting.

ii.            Any further new applications – none.

iii.            Update on sewerage issues – a document has been drafted and sent to officers at BDBC by Cllr Tomblin outlining the issues in Bramley and all the supporting correspondence – this can be viewed online at www.bramley-pc.gov.uk/sewerage-issues-update-march-2021. A meeting between BDBC officers and Councillors and Thames Water was scheduled for 10th March – all officers concerned have received a copy of the Bramley report. Cllr Bell has documented all the emails concerning the issue from 2015.

Cllr Tomblin gave un an update on the meeting with Thames Water and BDBC planning officers last week.  In attendance were a PR representative, an engineer, and a planning officer from Thames Water.  The issues in Bramley and the wider area were acknowledged.  It was agreed that it would be good for Thames Water to work with local areas as well as BDBC when planning applications come in.  However, Thames Water are unlikely to do anything until an outline planning application is in place, due to previous experience of installing infrastructure and then the site not being developed.  Engagement with Thames Water and BDBC officers needs to continue via Borough ward members and officers, and the Parish Council, particularly on the current issues.

Cllr Bell and Cllr Tomblin is meeting with Bewley, Thames Water, and Centenary Fields residents on 22nd March.

iv.            Update on Solar Farm application – see appendix B.  Cllr Durrant noted decisions on other solar farms in the county – one in Alresford, and the other in North Warnborough, and noted the differing comments in the decision notices.  Cllr Tomblin noted that there have been complaints about large signage on the solar farm – enforcement are aware and following through.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

9.2 Allotments and Burial Ground

i.            Allotment administration – Cllr James has stated that he is having issues with finding time to do the administration.

Cllr Durrant noted the play equipment still on site.

3 plots needs to be offered.  Cllr Durrant suggested offering them a year rent free if they are able to clear the ground themselves.  This was agreed.  Clerk to liaise with Cllr James.

Broken tap – clerk to ask contractor to replace.

 

Burial Ground – rubbish area to be cleared as soon as possible.  Clerk to take forward.

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr James/ Clerk

 

Clerk

          9.3. Village Hall Trust – see appendix A.  
9.4. Clift Meadow Trust – Cllr Capel gave a brief verbal update.

·         Replacement trees – no longer an action point for every meeting but Trustees would like an update as and when there is one.

·         CCTV – can the camera angle can be tweaked slightly to give more vision of the car park especially near gateway and far back corner, and is it possible to be able to zoom in and look at number plates?  Clerk to contact SCS.

·         Brook and overgrown hedgerow – there is concern that Minchens Lane is flooding but the brook doesn’t appear to get very much water in it.  The area in particular that is a concern is by the bridge into the new estate.  It is very overgrown and there are worries that this could be blocking a drain or outlet and not letting water flow properly.  As the other side at Browns Close has been cut back the Trustees wondered if the overgrown brook could maybe have the same treatment. Does the PC know whose responsibility it is? It might also be worth checking the other end of the brook by the road to see if this is blocked.  Clerk to speak to Persimmon.

·         Cllr Durrant noted that the brook seems to have been built over by some properties in Oakmead – this has been reported to BDBC enforcement officers.  Cllr Tomblin noted that 19/00946/ROC refers – it is being investigated.

·         Cllr Durrant noted new grant applications from CMT, for a live music event, the fete in September, and some capital expenditure.  This will be on the April agenda.

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

9.5. Police & Neighbourhood Watch – see appendix A.  
            9.6 Highways/Footpaths – see appendix A.  
            9.7 Road Safety Project – the following update has been received from HCC:

BT are expected to commence work on the site shortly, however they are still waiting for consent from Network Rail to work in close proximity to the railway crossing.  Due to how close this is to the level crossing, NWR are undertaking various checks and internal consultations to ensure there is no risk to the railway line before they will confirm that BT can go ahead.  The Network Rail consent process can take a while but once BT are clear to proceed we will have some dates confirmed and I will provide a full update.

Also, for your information, HCC survey team will soon be doing some setting out work around the junction (NB: this has begun).  This is to mark out some of the new kerb arrangements so that when utility companies arrive on site to undertake diversions and construct new chambers etc, they have certainty over the new layout.  I expect they will use pins in the ground or similar to mark out, so nothing intrusive but their presence on site may raise some queries.

 

 

            9.8 Chairman’s report – no report at this time.  
10 Consultation documents requiring consideration  
None.  
11 Grant Applications  
11.1 Bramley Youth Club – a full grant application has been received from RMD Adventure Learning, the organisation who have undertaken to take over from Basingstoke Young Carers for the running of the Bramley Youth Club.  The grant will be for £10,031 to pay for the two youth workers to run the Youth Club.

Cllr Bell proposed awarding the grant, Cllr Flooks seconded, unanimously agreed.  Clerk to take forward.

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

11.2 Clift Meadow Trustees – a formal grant application has been received for £1325 for electrics work to:

·         Improve external security lights

·         Install dimmer lights in the Pavilion

·         Carry out essential electrical safety inspections in both halls

Cllr Durrant proposed ratifying this grant, which was then unanimously agreed.  It was also agreed that as this is a capital project on Parish Council owned land, then all invoices should be paid directly by the Parish Council.  Clerk to take forward.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

12 Finance  
12.1 Payments and reconciliation approval – see appendix D

The Clerk noted the payments for March.

It was unanimously agreed to approve the March payments – Clerk to process.

The Clerk stated that the 2020-21 internal audit is booked for 13th April.

 

 

 

Clerk

12.2 Acknowledgement of Receipts – see appendix D

The receipts for March were noted.  The Clerk stated that the VAT claim for Q4 of the year would be for around £220.

 

 

14 Date of Next meeting  
The next Parish Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 20th April 2021, and will be online,  7.00pm start.  
15 Resolution to exclude press and public from items that may require discussion of possible legal and financial proceedings  
None.  
16 Confidential Items  
None.

The meeting closed at 8.38pm

 

 

 

 

 

Signed:                 ………………………………………………………………….      Date: ………………………………………              

(Chairman)

 

 

Appendix A – Briefing Notes

 

COMMUNITY SPEEDWATCH

The Village Traffic survey period is now complete, and the results are being collated and analysed.  The results of this will be published when they are ready.

 

ALLOTMENTS/BURIAL GROUND

No written report received.

 

VILLAGE HALL TRUST

  • The government has announced the lockdown exit map which means the hall can be reopened to some users from the 12th of April 2021 with professional organisations to advise the use of restrictions for various activities. A more extensive lockdown relaxation will take place on the 17th of May and by the end of June normal operations should be reinstated as long as the R rate remains as predicted.
  • The car park contract was awarded to S & C Slatter. There will be a site meeting on 21st June and work will begin at the end of July. They anticipate a project duration of three weeks.
  • BVHT has received another business disruption grant of £8000 from Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council.
  • A grant application has gone into the National Grid for £20,000 for solar panels.
  • The floor is likely to need resurfacing again next year, and BVHT will be looking to approach the PC for a grant towards this.

 

CLIFT MEADOW TRUST

No written report received.

 

POLICING & NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH

No written report received.

 

HIGHWAYS/FOOTPATHS

No written report received.

 

ROAD SAFETY PROJECT

No written report received.

 

BOROUGH COUNCILLOR REPORT

No written report received.

 

COUNTY COUNCILLOR REPORT

Budget HCC approves £2.1 billion spending on local services in 2021/22 – Plans for the next financial year focus on the county’s ongoing work associated with the pandemic, support for vulnerable children and adults, investment in Hampshire’s roads and infrastructure to support economic recovery, as well as climate change mitigation.

The annual council tax charge for a Band D property will be £1,350.45 – an increase of £1.23 per week, equating to 4.99%, of which 3% is for adults’ social care – a Government request. The budget includes £13 million for the maintenance of 5,500 miles of roads and an extra £1.2 million in carbon reduction measures across the County Council. HCC’s four-year capital programme of £744 million is one of the largest in the country – https://www.hants.gov.uk/News/25022021HCCbudgetdecisionFeb2021

The proposed capital programme includes: · £68 million in new and extended school buildings to ensure there is a school place for every child in Hampshire · £118 million for structural maintenance and improvement of roads and bridges in Hampshire over the next three years · £91 million for integrated transport schemes including over £18 million specifically focused on walking and cycling improvements · £141 million for major improvement of school and other County Council buildings and land holdings over the next three years · £33 million for decarbonisation schemes covering solar PV, single to double glazing window replacements, transition from oil to gas and the implementation of heating controls.

 

Over £1 million agreed to support children and young people with disabilities – HCC has agreed grants in excess of £1 million for voluntary groups and charitable organisations across the county, to support them in providing Short Break activities for children with disabilities and/or additional needs – https://www.hants.gov.uk/News/20210225ShortBreakActivitiesDecision

 

County Council reinforces commitment to tackle fly-tipping – Hampshire County Council is asking residents to focus on two activities that will help reduce the activity of criminal gangs fly-tipping in the county:

  1. Always report fly-tipping
  2. Ensure you use a licensed company to take away your waste, if you cannot take it to an HWRC yourself.

HCC works with partner authorities to increase prosecutions. Since 2018, local authorities across Hampshire have successfully prosecuted over 100 people and issued 116 fixed penalty notices. Unfortunately increases in fly tipping are down to organised criminal activity, unrelated to waste and recycling services in Hampshire – https://www.hants.gov.uk/News/26022021FlyTipping

 

Hampshire County Council to seek its next Chief Executive – Hampshire County Council has announced that Chief Executive, John Coughlan CBE will retire this year. As Head of the Paid Service, the Chief Executive is responsible for managing the Authority’s annual budget of £2.1 billion, a workforce of around 37,000 (including staff in over 500 Hampshire schools) and for delivering services to 1.4 million people across the county.

 

Cllr Rhydian Vaughan MBE, Member for Calleva Division, Hampshire County Council

 

rhydian.vaughan@hants.gov.uk

07774 681516

fb.com/tellrhydian

 

 

Appendix B – March Planning Committee minutes

Date: 9th March 2021 Time:                    7.30pm
Place: Online via Zoom
Present: Cllr Chris Flooks (Chair) Cllr Malcolm Bell
  Cllr Chris Tomblin Cllr Alan Munday
In attendance: Maxta Thomas (Clerk) 4 members of the public
Apologies: Cllr Nick Robinson (Borough) Cllr Liz Capel

 

Action
1 Apologies for Absence
As listed above.
2 Declarations of Interest
Cllr Tomblin noted his position on the BDBC Development Control Committee, and took no part in votes on planning applications.
3 Minutes of the Last Planning Committee Meeting
3.1 The minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 9th February 2021 were unanimously agreed and signed off by the Chairman.  

 

3.2 Matters arising  
QPS House – no update from the Borough at present.  
4 Planning & Development  
4.1 New Applications  
a. 21/00291/HSE – 3 And 4 Holman Close Bramley

Erection of front extensions to garages of 2 no. semi-detached dwellings (part retrospective)

·         No objection unanimously agreed.  Clerk to take forward.

 

 

 

Clerk

b. 21/00349/FUL – Land At OS Ref 464762 159811 Minchens Lane Bramley

Installation of a battery storage facility with associated works

·         Cllr Bell proposed that this application goes to full council for a final response.  The Clerk noted that the planning committee decision can be refereed for ratification at full council.  However, it was unanimously agreed to refer to full Council.

·         Cllr Bell noted the height of the battery units, and also the height of the surrounding fence.  This will impact NDP views 7, 8, and 9.

·         The impact on a greenfield site and archaeological site was noted.

·         A biodiversity metric is required.  There is a large herd of deer in the area that will be impacted, and also bats in that specific area.

·         Transport in and out of site will be extremely difficult.

·         Members to submit thoughts to Clerk for submission to full council.

·         Cllr Bell noted that there is an ‘option area’ mentioned in the application, which could mean that there will be further batteries installed later on.

·         Steve Spillane, representing the Silchester Solar Farm group, noted that they are looking for volunteers from Bramley.  They are opposing the battery installation as they feel it is an integral application to the solar farm application.  An objection letter has been drafted for resident’s use.  He noted that Professor Mike Fulford of Reading University has opposed both applications on archaeological grounds.  Mr Spillane also noted that the plans do not highlight the size and what the batteries will look like, and they are looking at getting an artistic impression of what it will actually look like – the group is currently seeking funding for this.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

All

c. 21/00403/HSE – 24 Wallis Drive Bramley

First floor extension above garage to create office and work space

·         Extension over garage will obstruct one of the original windows.  However, this is the en-suite window, and therefore obscured anyway.  Clerk to seek clarification on this matter.

·         Clerk to ask for clarification on garage use and whether there is permission for this.

·         Otherwise, no objection unanimously agreed.  Clerk to take forward.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

d. 21/00521/FUL – Locksbridge Farm Cufaude Lane Bramley

Erection of 1no. dwelling and associated parking

·         This is related to an application last year.  Clerk to query whether this means that there might be two houses on the plot, or if this replaces last year’s application.  POST MEETING NOTE: the new application states that it replaces the old application.  Clerk to double check with BDBC.

·         However, there is major issue with sightlines from the access at Cufaude Lane.

·         Will look very overpowering in the street scene context of Cufaude Lane.

·         It was unanimously agreed to object on a similar basis to the original application.  Clerk to take forward.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

e. Any other New Applications

·         T/00124/21/TCA – Grays House The Street Bramley Tadley

T1 Cherry: fell to ground level

T2 Ash: fell two heavily leaning limbs to ground level

o   Cllrs happy to defer to tree officers view.  Unanimously agreed.  Clerk to take forward, and to note that these are TPOs and the house is grade 2 listed.

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

4.2 Approvals/Refusals/Pending (see appendix A)

These were noted.

 
5. Update on Solar Farm application (20/03403/FUL)

No further update on this application.  There are now a great number of neighbour comments on the planning portal, the majority of which appear to be objecting to the application.

Cllr Tomblin has attended a meeting with Highways and BDBC officers re transport at the site.  Highways have not registered an objection.  Cllr Tomblin noted that HGVs will really struggle with access to site, and also there are a number of junctions nearby.  Highways were unaware of battery and NWR applications.  Highways have noted that if the application is turned down on the transport grounds, then it will be overturned at appeal.  Cllr Tomblin stated that it is unlikely that there will be a Highways objection due to the cumulative effect of the three applications.

Cllr Tomblin has enquired when a decision might be made on the application – officers are waiting for outstanding consultee comments.  Cllr Tomblin to check about non-determination and election purdah rules.

Steve Spillane gave an update on the activities of the Solar Farm Residents Group – so far 172 objections have been placed with BDBC.  These are from a good mix of Bramley and Silchester residents.  There are two big banners up in Silchester near the site, and two more going up this week, near Clappers Farm Road and Minchens House.  There is a big campaign coming up this weekend – a leaflet drop in Bramley about the application with a form letter of objection included.  Completed forms can be dropped off at the Village Hall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Tomblin

6. Water Issues  
6.1 Update on sewerage issues

i.            Thames Water contact – a document has been drafted and sent to officers at BDBC outlining the issues in Bramley and all the supporting correspondence – this can be viewed online at www.bramley-pc.gov.uk/sewerage-issues-update-march-2021 .  A meeting between BDBC officers and Councillors and Thames Water is scheduled for 10th March – all officers concerned have received a copy of the Bramley report.  Cllr Bell has documented all the emails concerning the issue from 2015.

Cllr Tomblin noted that the officer for responsibility for water issues has responded, saying that she will make sure that the issue is raised in the water core strategy.  Discussions with Thames Water to resolve the issue are ongoing.

BDBC would be unlikely to win any appeal refused on the grounds of inadequate sewerage supply.

Cllr Tomblin has highlighted concerns that BDBC officers are not ensuring that conditions for planning permission are not being met at the build stage.  This has been noted by officers.

ii.            Bewley Contact re Centenary Fields – Bewley Homes continue to liaise with BDBC and with Thames Water to try and address some of the issues at Centenary Fields.  Bewley is trying to arrange a meeting between residents, BDBC, and Thames Water.  As well as the external issues, the plumbing systems installed in the homes are being checked.  A meeting has been arranged with TW and residents for 22nd March.  Cllr Bell requested that Bramley PC be invited to this meeting.

 
6.2 Update on surface water issues

i.            Update on Bramley Brook issues – work has been carried out recently on clearing Bramley Brook, although it is unclear which agencies have been involved.  The Clerk has contacted BDBC for an update, and is awaiting a response.  This has been chased, but still no response.

 
7. Minchens Lane s.106 issues  
  Clift Meadow lighting – The Clerk has received information about the proposed lighting scheme, which has been circulated to all members.  Cllrs asked for the lampposts to be green rather the galvanized silver.  Clerk to check battery life of solar batteries and ongoing costs.

Path – the enforcement officer at BDBC will be writing to Persimmon about this as the lockdown eases.

Attenuation pond – the fencing has now been removed from the pond, and two lifebelts have been installed at either end.

Possible issue with an area of the brook having taken into a resident’s garden in Oakmead– this is being investigated.

 

Clerk

 

 

8. Local Plan Update  
The Local Green Space promotion forms and maps have now been submitted to BDBC, and will be going on the website in the next day or two.

Cllr Tomblin noted that the upcoming BDBC Cabinet meeting has a motion to bring two SHELAA sites forward into the Local Plan to address the housing supply issue.  However, this is a somewhat irregular process.  There has also been a minimal consultation period.

 

 

9. Date of Next Meeting  
The date of the next Planning Committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 13th April 2021.

 

Meeting closed at 8.56pm

 

 

Approvals/Refusals*

1. 20/03124/HSE – 103 Coopers Lane Bramley

Two ground floor pitched roofed extensions

Granted

No objection, comments

2. 20/03494/HSE – 18 Oaklea Gardens Bramley

Proposed part conversion of existing garage into habitable space

Granted

No objection

3. 21/00078/ENSC – Land At OS Ref 464762 159811 Minchens Lane Bramley

Request for screening opinion for proposed battery storage development

EIA not required

EIA requested

 

Pending Applications*

1. 20/01008/FUL – Land At Locksbridge Farm Cufaude Lane

The erection of 1 no. dwelling and associated parking and access

Objection
2. 20/01954/FUL – Cedarwood Silchester Road Bramley

Erection of 1 no. single storey dwelling to provide accommodation for parents, associated landscaping and access following demolition of stable/home office

Objection
3. T/00503/20/TPO – 16 St James Close Bramley

Single mature Lime tree: prune

Defer to tree officer
4. T/00583/20/TPO – Middle Farm The Street Bramley

T1, T2, T3 – Western Red Cedars: prune.

Defer to tree officer
5. 20/03204/VLA – Land At Minchens Lane Bramley

Variation of Section 106 agreement attached to 14/01075/OUT to enable the transfer of the Equipped play area, northern kick about and southern kick about areas to the existing management company instead of the Parish Council

No comment as PC has interest in application
6. 20/03299/HSE – 28 Kirby Drive Bramley

Single storey front extension.

No objection
7. T/00642/20/TPO – Rear Of 14 St James Close Bramley

1 Lime: fell

No objection
8. 20/03403/FUL – Site At Minchens Lane Bramley

Installation of renewable led energy generating station, comprising ground-mounted photovoltaic solar arrays, battery-based electricity storage containers together with substation, inverter/ transformer stations, site accesses, internal access tracks, security measures, access gates, other ancillary infrastructure, landscaping biodiversity enhancements including a Forest School, associated car parking and Nature Area

Objection
9. 20/03485/VLA – Razors Farm Cufaude Lane Chineham

Variation of Section 106 agreement to modify the mortgagee in possession clause

No objection
10. 21/00095/HSE – Grays House The Street Bramley

Installation of a 2kWp solar array consisting of 7 solar panels mounted on a ballasted flat roof mounting system (see also 21/00096/LBC for the same property)

No objection
11. 21/00082/LDPO – 4 Keepsake Gardens Bramley

Certificate of lawfulness for the proposed erection of a single storey rear extension

No objection
12. 21/00205/ROC – Bramley Village Hall The Street Bramley

Variation of conditions 1 and 5 of Planning Permission 20/01036/FUL to amend the plans numbers and drainage details

No objection
13. 21/00253/HSE – 5 Minerva Road Bramley

Erection of single storey pitched roof rear extension

No objection
14. T/00057/21/TCA – The Old School Silchester Road Bramley

1 Oak: pollard: Leaving a finished height of 10m and a radius of 4m

No objection

*Objections/no objections listed are the decision of Bramley Parish Council only, and do not reflect any submissions placed by members of the public or other bodies with Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council.

 

 

 

 

 

Appendix C – Battery Installation comments

Planning Committee comments on 21/00349/FUL, Installation of a battery storage facility with associated works

As the MOD limits access to the countryside to the south this site is very popular as a recreational area for the village. The Brenda Parker Way adjoins two sides of the site. The screening hedge is in fact a series of trees which gives little screening from the access road/footpath. Even this limited screening is not present for about 20 metres at the western end of the access road.

This is very productive land and has been used to grow wheat, barley, rape seed, beans, peas, iceberg lettuce, potatoes, poppies and flax in the last 40 years. This site has been re-drained in the last 5 years making it more productive. An irrigation lagoon was constructed nearby about twenty years ago to allow a greater variety of crops to be grown.

The access for large articulated vehicles exiting the Street onto Minchens lane is very tight and liable to cause traffic hazards. Said lorries then pass 8 access points including the surgery before navigating the traffic calming chicane and then attempting a very tight turn in to the site. The highways dept have figures for speed at the chicane and I am sure they will show traffic southbound exceeding 30 MPH. 30 workers expected during construction yet only 7 parking spaces planned. Will there be space for articulated vehicles to turn around on site?

No mention made of large herd of deer which roams the site. Where are the nesting sites of the Red Kites and Buzzards regularly foraging the area? the battery farm will no doubt be lit or at least have security lighting. This will have an impact on the wildlife, including the bats that are in the vicinity.

Why could the batteries not be sited within the Frith where significant areas of ancient woodland have already been cleared, mainly under the High-Tension lines.

Bearing in mind the transformers are nearly 6 metres high without a concrete platform this installation will be visible from the conservation area and several of the important views/vistas in the NDP.

We should also ask that the battery farm and solar farm proposals should not be treated in isolation, but considered together as the overall impact on the agriculture, views and the local area are immense and combined represent significant damage.

 

 

Appendix D – Finance

 The March finance documents can be viewed here

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.