Parish Council meeting minutes – 19th January 2021



Minutes of the Meeting of the Council

Date: Tuesday 19th January 2021 Time:                                    7.00pm
Place: Online
Present: Cllr Tony Durrant (Chair) Cllr Chris Tomblin
  Cllr Alan Munday Cllr Keith Oborn
  Cllr Chris Flooks Cllr Iain James
  Cllr Malcolm Bell
In attendance: Maxta Thomas (Clerk) 13 members of the public
  Cllr Nick Robinson (Borough) Cllr Chris Tomblin (Borough)
  Cllr Simon Mahaffey (Borough Cllr Vaughan (County)
  Cllr Mike Baldock (Silchester PC)
Apologies: Cllr Liz Capel Cllr Bruce Ansell


1 Apologies for Absence
As listed above.
2 Declarations of Interest
Cllr Tomblin declared an interest in planning matters, since he has a place on the BDBC Development Control Committee.  He took no part in the discussion or votes on planning applications.

Cllr Robinson from BDBC also noted his position on the BDBC Development Control Committee, and stated that he would be saying very little at this stage.  He confirmed that he is extremely interested in everybody’s views in the meantime.

3 Minutes of the Last Parish Council Meeting
3.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 15th December 2020 were unanimously agreed to be a true and accurate record of those meetings and were signed by the Chairman.  


3.2 Matters arising  
·         Wet signatures will be required for the charge card application and for the precept form – Clerk to organise open air meeting by the end of January to facilitate.

·         St James Park wildflower site – Cllr James stated that it should be a similar approach to the area at Bramley Green.  Clerk to obtain the contact details for estate management company.

·         Tree for Burial Ground– local nurseries have recommended ‘alnus gutinosa’ (alder tree).  However, this will not be taken further in the immediate future due to lockdown.

·         Bat boxes – Clerk still to contact BDBC to check when they can be removed.










4 Open Forum
Cllr Durrant invited comments and questions from the public.

·         None.

5 To discuss and respond to 20/03403/FUL – Site At Minchens Lane Bramley

Installation of renewable led energy generating station, comprising ground-mounted photovoltaic solar arrays, battery-based electricity storage containers together with substation, inverter/ transformer stations, site accesses, internal access tracks, security measures, access gates, other ancillary infrastructure, landscaping biodiversity enhancements including a Forest School, associated car parking and Nature Area.


Cllr Durrant invited all Bramley Parish Councillors to speak, and also Cllr Simon Mahaffey, BDBC Ward Councillor for Silchester, and Cllr Mike Baldock, Chair of Silchester Parish Council.  Cllr Durrant noted that all views should be expressed and taken into account, both positive and negative, and that the impact on Bramley directly should be considered.

The following points were made in support of the application:

·         Biodiversity – the fields are currently swamped with high grade nitrogen and other fertilisers.  This would improve with solar panels since the fields would not be intensively farmed.

·         Views –the biggest view is of electricity pylons, which will be unchanged.

·         Local farming jobs – it was not felt that there will be a big impact on this.

·         Community benefit payment programme – such applications usually have one of these – this should be investigated and Enso engaged with.

·         The value of the site is the available switches at the sub-station – there are three.

·         Biodiversity – this should be improved due to lack of intensive farming.

·         Loss of agricultural land – this need not be the case, as some crops can be grown around solar farms.

·         Noise levels – the only area over 30 decibels will be on a remote spot on Olivers Lane.

·         The proximity to the sub-station means that this is an excellent place to put this site.  However, it is a bad site in that it is very close to a substantial village, and access would be through that village.

The following points were made against the application:

·         There are many well used footpaths near and through the site, in particular the Brenda Parker Way which will be largely surrounded by the development.  Several other footpaths will be also be greatly impacted.  Cllr Flooks noted the refusal of planning application BDB/75469 for solar panels at Church Farm, which specifically mentions the severe detriment caused to the views from footpaths.  This is in contravention of Local Plan policies EM1, CN9, and Bramley NP policy T1.

·         In the flood risk document, the statement that “it is not considered necessary to undertake infiltration testing or provide a controlled discharge to a watercourse” needs to be challenged. At the very least infiltration tests should be conducted as rain tends to run off the surface. This run off from field 2 will be increased as the panels cover a significant proportion of the surface and flooding on the adjacent Bramley Road will be increased.  This is in contravention of Local Plan policy EM7 and Bramley NP policy RE1.

·         The transport assessment does not mention the volume of traffic which uses this single-track road. The Parish Council survey in 2019 put this figure at about 1500 per day.  At certain times of the day this road will be seriously affected by reflections from the south facing panels.

·         If this development is completed in the ambitious time frame of 30 weeks and only accessed from Minchens lane it will still lead to considerable congestion where the access track meets Minchens Lane. This would still leave field 4 being accessed along very narrow single-track roads or a track between Withy and Holdens Copse. It is doubtful if fields 1,2 and 3 could be accessed in this way as it would entail a track of some 2km crossing 4 ordinary watercourses and traversing very wet land. This will lead to the alternative access points being used with all the associated problems including congestion and mud on roads.  This is contrary to NP policy T2.

·         Biodiversity – no mention is made of the significant wildlife already in the area, which will be severely impacted by this development.  This is contrary to Local Plan policy EM4 and NP policy RE3.

·         The Bramley NP identifies important views and illustrates them on map 6c. Several views and vistas would be severely impacted by this development and view 9 would entail standing under panels. Panels will be highly visible to a considerable number of residents as evidenced by the applicants ZTV map. There will be tree and hedge cover, but only in summer.  Minchens House, the north west corner of St James’s park, Moat Close and numerous properties along The Street including the conservation area will be badly impacted. There would also be a severe impact on the Silchester conservation area around Three Ashes.  This is contrary to NP policy D1.

·         The Bramley Conservation Area including St James Church will be impacted by the solar farm. The County Archaeologist has identified a villa complex on the site which potentially has national importance.  A dig is planned for the villa complex in the next couple of years and Bramley PC believes that it would be prudent to delay any development of the area at least until the full implications of this dig are understood.

·         Around 53% of the site is classified as good agricultural land, whereas Government guidance suggests that brownfield or less good land should be used.  Fields 5 and 6 have been drained within the last 5 years and an irrigation pond constructed in the last 20. This has enabled a great variety of crops to be grown. It should be noted that, even with land drains heavy equipment still becomes bogged down even in summer.  This is contravention of Local Plan policy EM8.

·         The offer of a forest school shows how little research the proposers of this development have done. There is already a thriving forest school running in the Frith wood.

·         There is a potential loss of farming jobs, which may have an effect on the local economy in the longer term.

·         There will be a loss of habitat for bird species – buzzards and kites.

·         It is in close proximity to historical woods.

·         The application proposes a new footpath through land currently blocked off, which will upset some natural habitat.

·         Overall the development is too large for the area proposed.

·         Inaccuracies in the application about locations and parishes were noted.  It was also noted that Bramley has taken significant development in recent years – this would add to that, and would detract from Bramley’s rural status.

·         Field 5 is near to Minchens House (grade 2 listed) – the rural aspect from this property will be removed completely.

·         The solar farm will adversely affect 3 archaeological sites, heritage sites, 2 ancient woodlands, and 3 SINCs.

·         Transport – there will be large number of traffic movements over the build period, with many of those being large lorries – Minchens Lane is single track at the access point.  This will cause a lot of pressure on Minchens Lane, and the wider Bramley area.

·         Local Plan policy EM1, landscape refers to the importance of visual amenity and scenic quality.  Policies EM4 and EM5 support rural aspects of Bramley

·         Local Plan policy EM8 refers to commercial renewable/low carbon energy conservation here is no mention of the use of green field sites for solar farms.  It refers to the approach of BDBC to achieve renewable energy in the “Renewable Energy Study (” which states ways of achieving this green energy.  Whilst renewable energy is important, this site is completely wrong for the long-term future of Bramley.  The residents have stated via the NP that they wish to retain the rural aspect of Bramley.  The proposed solar farm will damage the settings of the historic woodlands, farms and walks that reflect the agricultural history of Bramley which the residents of Bramley want to preserve.  This is contrary to NP policy D2.

·         The 30-week construction period seems very optimistic.

·         Community benefit – Enso were initially talking about a fund where every megawatt generated would give payment to community schemes – there is now no mention of this.

·         There are significant herds of deer that will be adversely affected, and other wildlife.

·         40-year period and insurances mentioned at the initial meeting with Enso are not mentioned in the planning application.

·         This is a 200-acre industrial installation which will lead to a loss of place for Bramley and Silchester.  The installation is very large – bigger than Silchester Village and similar in size to Bramley Village.

·         It will be the fifth largest such installations in UK, and the only one of those five on a greenfield site.

·         Unsure about the temporary nature of the solar farm – more housing in the future is going to require more power.

·         There are concerns about long term viability of Enso, and about where incoming funds are going to go long term.

·         There is a possibility that the solar farm could end up as a brownfield site long term – currently it is a greenfield site, and should remain so.

·         There is nothing about a long-term bond in the planning application.

·         The installation will reduce the rural gap between Bramley and Silchester by about 50%.

·         Proposed allotments are in the wrong place, and would need to be driven to.  The same applies to the proposed nature reserve and forest school – there are already such sites in Pamber Forest and Bramley Frith.

·         There is no intention to screen along the roads, only by dwellings.

·         HGVs accessing the site would be very dangerous.

·         There is a responsibility to climate, but also a responsibility to the sense of place, and this application damages the latter far too much.

·         Local disadvantages outweigh and local advantages.

·         Transport during the build is an issue.

·         Enso propose to cut hedging back at the access point – some of this is ancient hedgerow, and the change is likely to be permanent.

·         Residents have stated via a number of surveys for the Neighbourhood Plan that they want to protect the rural aspect of Bramley.

·         There is concern about the archaeological site on fields 1 and 2 (in Silchester).

·         There are alternative sites for solar farms in the Borough, which are brownfield.

·         Bramley has lost over 60 hectares of greenfield sites in last 10 years (once Upper Cufaude is built).  There is no guarantee that this will be the last such development.  There will still be pressure for more houses in Bramley.

·         The nett result is detrimental to Bramley and Silchester.

·         Community payment package – Bramley has always struggled with such schemes, since millions of pounds would be needed up front for any project that might improve infrastructure in Bramley.  Any scheme from this development would be unlikely to raise that much.

·         The recent lockdowns have shown that the ability to get out to rural footpaths is immeasurably useful in aiding mental health issues.  The current Covid-19 situation will have a long-term effect on life in Britain.  Green health needs to be given a priority.

Councillors noted that the solar farm application is completely separate to battery storage proposals at a neighbouring site.  The applications are not reliant on each other.  It was further noted that BDBC is not good at looking at the cumulative effect of separate developments in the same area.

A final vote was taken on whether to approve or object to the planning application.  The motion to object was carried by a margin of 4 to 2.  Clerk and Cllr Durrant to prepare submission to BDBC.

















































































































































































Clerk / Cllr Durrant

6 County Councillor Report – see appendix A.

·         Health & Social Care scrutiny committee – Covid-19 issue has not yet peaked.  Hospital and ambulance staff are under huge pressure.  65% of new cases are the new variant.  Hospitals are beginning to run very low on oxygen delivery apparatus; however the battle is slowly being won.

·         The cost of Covid-19 looks as though it will be around £210 million.  However, HCC are dipping into reserves.  Through reserves and other funding plans, HCC have put in £160 million; however, there is still a deficit of around £50 million so far.  It is hoped that the Government will make up this shortfall.

·         Household Waste Recycling Centres are remaining open, with the appropriate Covid-19 controls in place.

·         HCC will pay for free school meals for the February half term.

·         Large roadworks for Bramley were noted.  These appear to include a large section of The Street and Sherfield Road.  However, the contractors will try to keep road closures to a minimum.  The period of the closure order is from 1st February for six months.

·         Cufaude Lane toads – tunnels are being installed on Cufaude Lane to allow toads to cross safely.  This will involve a three-week closure of Cufaude Lane from 25th January.

·         Cllr Tomblin noted the number of road closures all happening at around the same time, and asked if HCC looked into this.  Cllr Vaughan responded that traffic is reduced at the moment due to the lockdown, so there should be less of an impact on traffic.

7 Borough Councillor Report

Cllr Tomblin and Cllr Robinson gave a verbal report:

·         Business grants are again available during this second lockdown.  It is intended for small businesses and community halls.  The application form is on the BDBC website on the business rates page

·         New traveller laws are coming in – trespass on private land will now be a criminal offence.  This should not affect BDBC since due to the injunction against illegal encampments.

·         Affordable Housing – affordable to rent housing can be reclassified as affordable to buy, and could then be available on the open market.  Cllr Robinson has issue with this, and is taking it further.  He is looking at the policy governing this – not sure if it is BDBC or national policy.

·         Cllr Tomblin has responded to the BDBC budget consultation, echoing parish concerns.

·         Elections – BDBC still plan to go ahead on 6th May.  Guidance will be published in good time ahead of the polls.  BDBC are looking at safe canvassing and voting.  It is still not clear what the rules may be.

·         Annual Monitoring Review – this looks at housing delivery and the 5-year land supply.  BDBC is currently at 4.4 years (down from 4.8 years), which does not meet the Government target of a 5-year minimum supply.  A lot of sites have still not come forward as developers or landowners are stalling.  Builders are not building as quickly as needed.  Windfall sites do not count to the land supply figure.  The Portfolio holder taking forward with Government.  Cllr Durrant noted that he has written to the Head of Planning about the unsustainability of Bramley for more development.  He re-iterated points already made by Bramley PC.

8 Parish Environment  
8.1 Garden waste dumping at Bramley Green – Cllr Tomblin has included an item in the February parish magazine article.

Cllr Bell noted fly tipping on Bramley Green, which is being dumped by residents disposing of garden waste.  This looks untidy, and Cllr Bell feels it should be stopped.  Cllr James noted that it would be difficult to identify exactly who is doing it.  Cllr Bell proposed posting a flyer about the issue to households surrounding Bramley Green.  There was general agreement, but this is difficult at present due to the lockdown.  Items to be placed on the website and social media.








8.2 Air quality monitoring update – Cllr Ansell has not yet been able to collate the necessary information.  To be prepared ready for the February meeting.  

Cllr Ansell

9 Clerk’s report & Administration  
9.1 Parish magazine article – the next article will be for the February edition, to be written by Cllr Capel.  

Cllr Capel

9.2 2021-2022 draft budget

i.            To finalise and agree the 2021-22 precept – After some discussion, Cllr Tomblin proposed that the precept be set at £98,825.  This will mean no increase to the precept per household in Bramley – the increase in the overall figure comes from the increase in households in Bramley due to development.  This was unanimously agreed.  Clerk to organise form signatures and submission to BDBC.

ii.            To finalise the budget – deferred to February meeting.








9.3 Website Review

·         People in general are happy with website.  The Clerk noted that it is gradually gaining in visibility on search engines.  Cllr Durrant noted the needs for a hot topic section on the front page – this is being investigated.



10 Reports  
10.1 Reports from Parish Council representatives  
a. Planning Committee – see appendix B.

Cllr Flooks briefly summarised the January Planning Committee meeting.

      i.            21/00078/ENSC – Land At OS Ref 464762 159811 Minchens Lane Bramley

Request for screening opinion for proposed battery storage development

·         Cllrs agreed unanimously that that a full EIA is required, for similar reasons to the solar farm application.  This will be a significant industrial type of development.  Clerk to take forward.

ii.            Any further new applications – None.

iii.            Update on St James Park s.106 issues

·         Bramley PC understand that a lighting plan has been submitted to BDBC.  The footings of the old lights have now been dug out and filled with sand.  Cllr Tomblin to follow up.

·         Enforcement officers are writing to Persimmon chasing up outstanding items.

iv.            NDP Working Group – as per planning minutes.  An item has been included in the February parish magazine article, asking for volunteers.

v.             QPS House – Cllr Tomblin has spoken with enforcement officers at BDBC, who are awaiting a response from the planning officer.















Cllr Tomblin

b. Allotments and Burial Ground – see appendix A.


·         Invoices for this year’s rent to go out in the next few days.

·         Ditches are beginning to block up – Cllr James feels that a working party of volunteers may solve the problem.

·         The tap is no longer leaking – Cllr James will replace it.

·         Cllr James noted an offer from an allotment holder, volunteering to assist with allotment administration.  It was felt that anything that involves finances should be handled by a Councillor or the Clerk.  However, onsite issues could be handled by a volunteer.  Clerk to place on the February agenda.

·         St James Park allotments – Mark Littlefield (BDBC officer for allotments) was never consulted on these allotments.  There is a Borough standard, which these do not meet.  Fencing, lockable gates, water troughs all need to be sourced.  Cllr Tomblin has a list of Borough contractors for such tasks.  He believes that £20k may be needed to bring the allotments up to standard.  Cllr Durrant noted that St James Park residents should be given priority for the new allotments.  Bramley PC need to decide how plots will be divided up (16 full size plots, which could be subdivided if necessary).  Clerk has now ha confirmation that Persimmon will cover PC legal costs for the lease agreement.










c. Village Hall Trust – see appendix A.  
d. Clift Meadow Trust – see appendix A.

·         It was noted that the paths have been cleared and widened by a couple of volunteer Trustees.




f. Police & Neighbourhood Watch – see appendix A.  
g. Highways/Footpaths – see appendix A.

Cllr Durrant noted recent reports about the poor state of repair of the bridleway between Folly Lane and Mill Lane.

Cllr Munday noted that the pavement opposite the Minchens Lane entrance is partially blocked by an overgrown hedge from the neighbouring property.  Clerk to report to Highways, and write to the owners if necessary.



h. Road Safety Project – see appendix A.

Road closure notices have been issued for Bramley Lane and Silchester Road around the Bramley Lane junction.  This covers a period of 6 months to June 2021, but any closure of Silchester Road will be kept to a minimum.  Bramley Lane will need periods where it is closed to allow maximum efficiency for the work.  There will be some work on utilities in the area first (BT), and once this is complete then work will commence on the junction improvement.  Specific dates have not yet been confirmed.



i. Chairman’s report – Cllr Durrant noted that this year will be very busy with development and Local Plan issues.  
11 Consultation documents requiring consideration  
12 Grant Applications  
12.1 Clift Meadow Trustees – To ratify the grant towards a ride on mower – Cllr Durrant proposed ratifying the £350 grant.  This was unanimously agreed.  Clerk to process.  



12.2 Bramley PCC – To ratify the grant towards the ‘School’ Food Bank – Cllr Durrant proposed ratifying the £500 grant.  This was unanimously agreed.  Clerk to process.  



13 Finance  
13.1 Payments and reconciliation approval – see appendix C

The Clerk noted the payments for January.

It was unanimously agreed to approve the January payments – Clerk to process.





13.2 Acknowledgement of Receipts – see appendix C

The Clerk noted the receipts for January.  She also noted that a VAT claim for quarter 3 for approximately £7,600 would be submitted in the next few days.



14 Date of Next meeting  
The next Parish Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 16th February 2021, and will be online.  7.00pm start.  
15 Resolution to exclude press and public from items that may require discussion of possible legal and financial proceedings  
16 Confidential Items  

The meeting closed at 9.19pm







Signed:                 ………………………………………………………………….      Date: ………………………………………              



Appendix A – Briefing Notes


No written report received.



No written report received.



No written report received.



  • Little Apples is remaining open to all eligible children, as per Government guidance.
  • The 6-week tender process for the car park work is due to start within the next two weeks.
  • Income for the immediate future will be seriously impacted by the current lockdown.



No written report received.



No written report received.



No written report received.



No written report received.



No written report received.



National Lockdown Updated National, HCC Guidance and details of key services are available via the links below. HWRCs and Country Parks remain open but residents are urged to stay local.

Police and Crime – The Police and Crime Commissioner has launched his annual survey to ask residents their views on the policing precept of the council tax and if they would agree to an increase to support policing across Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Portsmouth and Southampton.

Following the announcement that Police and Crime Commissioners would have the flexibility to increase the policing precept by up to £15 a year for a Band D property for 2021/22, wider consultation is now being undertaken and residents are being encouraged to give their view. The survey can be accessed through the Commissioner’s website: Your view on the policing precept of the council tax 2021-2022 – Hampshire Police and Crime Commissioner (

The Chief Constable and her team have made a compelling operational case for investment in policing through an increase in the council tax. An increase of up to 7.1% (29p week based on a Band D property) would enable the force to build on what has been achieved during the last year, take the fight to criminals and to start to reduce crime. An increase would enable:

  • the early recruitment of 50 new police officers
  • targeted operational policing to take drugs and weapons off our streets
  • an increase in further prevention work, including diverting young people away from crime
  • an investment in forensic capability to enable officers to get evidence to bring more offenders to justice
  • continue investment in police officer wellbeing to improve productivity even further.

The public survey will be supported with online focus groups to explore residents’ views around policing priorities and levels of an increase in more depth.

Local Transport Plan for Hampshire – Hampshire County Council is asking for your views on the vision, desired outcomes and guiding principles behind a NEW Hampshire Local Transport Plan.  This is the start of a conversation to help develop a new transport strategy and plan.


Since 2001, Hampshire’s Local Transport Plan has set the objectives, policies and strategy for transport across the County, helping people to maintain their quality of life and go about their daily business. Seven years have now passed since the Plan was last updated, and there is a need to review outcomes and design principles in the changed context of new technologies, the pandemic and increased focus on active lifestyles and the challenges of climate change.


You are invited to influence the early development of the new Local Transport Plan by sharing your views on the emerging:


  • Vision: What will our transport system look like in 2050?
  • Outcomes: What are we trying to achieve in terms of climate change, economy, the environment, and society?
  • Guiding Principles: How we will change the way in which we plan and deliver transport?


To view more information and leave your feedback, visit:


Ash dieback – The link below gives some helpful guidance on the responsibilities and options for landowners dealing with ash die back disease.




Appendix B – Planning Committee Minutes


Minutes of the Meeting of the Planning Committee

Date: 12th January 2021 Time:                    7.30pm
Place: Online via Zoom
Present: Cllr Chris Flooks (Chair) Cllr Malcolm Bell
  Cllr Liz Capel Cllr Alan Munday
  Cllr Chris Tomblin
In attendance: Maxta Thomas (Clerk) 0 members of the public
  Cllr Nick Robinson (Borough)


1 Apologies for Absence
As listed above.
2 Declarations of Interest
Cllr Tomblin noted his position on the BDBC Development Control Committee, and took no part in votes on planning applications.
3 Minutes of the Last Planning Committee Meeting
3.1 The minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 8th December 2020 were unanimously agreed and signed off by the Chairman.  


3.2 Matters arising  
Cllr Bell asked about the enforcement matter at Wallis Drive.  The matter is still ongoing.

Cllr Bell asked about the QPS application2 0/00740/FUL – he noted that there has been no decision.  Cllr Tomblin to ask for an update from officers.




Cllr Tomblin

4 Planning & Development  
4.1 New Applications  
a. 20/03299/HSE – 28 Kirby Drive Bramley

Single storey front extension.

  • No objection unanimously agreed. Clerk to process.



b. T/00642/20/TPO – Rear Of 14 St James Close Bramley

1 Lime: fell

  • Cllr Tomblin noted that a BDBC tree panel has agreed that the tree can come down, but still needs to go through formal process due to TPO.
  • Defer to tree officer view unanimously agreed.  Clerk to process.






c. 20/03403/FUL – Site At Minchens Lane Bramley

Installation of renewable led energy generating station, comprising ground-mounted photovoltaic solar arrays, battery-based electricity storage containers together with substation, inverter/ transformer stations, site accesses, internal access tracks, security measures, access gates, other ancillary infrastructure, landscaping biodiversity enhancements including a Forest School, associated car parking and Nature Area

  • Cllr Flooks requested that all members submit written comments for full Council.
  • Cllr Tomblin noted that there is acknowledgement of traffic issues and that all traffic will be directed A340.  He also noted that education aspects have become a selling point on the application.
  • Cllr Tomblin noted concerns that there is likely to be a constant low level hum from the site.
  • Cllr Tomblin noted that there is no sign of any s.106/CIL agreement.  He will check with BDBC officers.
  • It was unanimously agreed that this application and the Bramley Parish Council response to it should be covered in detail at the full Council meeting on 19th January.














Cllr Tomblin

d. 20/03485/VLA – Razors Farm Cufaude Lane Chineham

Variation of Section 106 agreement to modify the mortgagee in possession clause

  • No objection unanimously agreed – happy to be guided by BDBC officers.  Clerk to process.





e. Any other New Applications

  • 20/03494/HSE – 18 Oaklea Gardens Bramley

Proposed part conversion of existing garage into habitable space

o   Looks like residents not using the garage as a garage, but there are three spaces at the front of the property.

o   No objection unanimously agreed.  Clerk to process.

  • 21/00078/ENSC – Land At OS Ref 464762 159811 Minchens Lane Bramley

Request for screening opinion for proposed battery storage development

o   Bramley PC ae due to meet with developers on Thursday – this application will be discussed more fully at the full PC meeting on 19th January.






4.2 Approvals/Refusals/Pending (see appendix A)

These were noted.

5. Water Issues  
5.1 Update on sewerage issues – Cllrs Bell and Flooks have met up with Thames Water on site to discuss the issues that Bramley faces.  A meeting summary can be found at appendix B.  Cllr Bell has had responses from Thames Water stating that they are looking into the issues.  BDBC have also responded that they will consider the issues as part of the Local Plan Update.  
5.2 Update on surface water issues – Work does appear to have been carried out on the Bramley Brook, with some clearance having been done between Centenary Fields and down towards the School.  
6. Minchens Lane s.106 issues  
  No further update since the December meeting.  Councillors and the Clerk continue to liaise with BDBC and Persimmon.

Fencing round balancing pond – this issue has been passed to the management company.  BDBC will need to follow this up in due course.



8. Local Plan Update  
No further update at this time.  Cllr Bell noted that the NDP working group should begin looking at updating the Bramley Neighbourhood Plan.  This will be covered more fully at the full Council meeting on 19th January.  
9. Date of Next Meeting  
The date of the next Planning Committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 9th February 2021.


Meeting closed at 8.20pm








Appendix A



1. T/00439/20/TPO – Middle Farm Cottage The Street Bramley

ell/Pruning works as per tree survey report August 2020


Defer to tree officer, comments

2. 20/02647/RET – 21 Apple Dene Bramley

Change of use of land to the side and rear of the house to residential land and erection of a 1.8m high fence


No objection, comments

3. T/00559/20/TCA – Oakenshaw Vyne Road Bramley

T1 London plane: prune.

T2 Lime: reduce lower limb.

Raise no objection

Defer to tree officer, comments

4. 20/02866/LBC – 3 Stocks Farm Cottages The Street Bramley

Replace the clay tiles on lobby roof with slate tiles


Defer to Conservation Officer

5. 20/02928/HSE – 44 Strawberry Fields Bramley

Erection of single storey rear extension to dining room and replacement of conservatory



No objection


Pending Applications*

1. 20/00740/FUL – Qps House The Street Bramley

Conversion of ground floor from tanning salon (sui generis) and retail (A1) to 2 no. one bedroom flats and retail (A1)

2. 20/01008/FUL – Land At Locksbridge Farm Cufaude Lane

The erection of 1 no. dwelling and associated parking and access

3. 20/01954/FUL – Cedarwood Silchester Road Bramley

Erection of 1 no. single storey dwelling to provide accommodation for parents, associated landscaping and access following demolition of stable/home office

4. T/00503/20/TPO – 16 St James Close Bramley

Single mature Lime tree: prune

Defer to tree officer
5. 20/02751/LBC – Mill Cottage Vyne Road Bramley

Remove ground floor internal wall. External improvements including brickwork repairs, replacement patio door and repairs to paving

NB: This property is in a neighbouring Parish

No objection
6. T/00583/20/TPO – Middle Farm The Street Bramley

T1, T2, T3 – Western Red Cedars: prune.

Defer to tree officer
7. 20/03204/VLA – Land At Minchens Lane Bramley

Variation of Section 106 agreement attached to 14/01075/OUT to enable the transfer of the Equipped play area, northern kick about and southern kick about areas to the existing management company instead of the Parish Council

No comment as PC has interest in application
8. 20/03092/HSE – 70 Moat Close Bramley

Erection of two storey side and single storey front and rear extension

No objection
9. 20/03124/HSE – 103 Coopers Lane Bramley

Two ground floor pitched roofed extensions

No objection, comments


*Objections/no objections listed are the decision of Bramley Parish Council only, and do not reflect any submissions placed by members of the public or other bodies with Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council.



Appendix C – Finance

 The finance for January 2021 can be viewed here.